You can apply for a Charity Worker visa (Temporary Work) if you want to do unpaid voluntary work for a charity. This visa has replaced the Temporary Worker - Charity Worker visa (T5).

If you need legal advice or help with a UK visa application or any other immigration matter, get in touch with our highly experienced immigration solicitors in London on  0203 432 6006 or fill in our online enquiry form.

Requirements for Charity Worker visa

To be eligible to apply for a Charity Worker visa, you must:

  • have a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor
  • have enough money to support yourself in the UK - you'll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you're exempt)
  • be 18 or over when you apply

You must meet all other requirements depending on your circumstances.

Certificate of sponsorship

A certificate of sponsorship is a unique reference number that holds information about the job you'll do and your personal details. It's not an actual certificate or paper document. Your sponsor must also give you the information they used on your certificate about your job, for example, your working hours.

Your sponsor must be recognised by the UK government to issue certificates of sponsorship. Your certificate of sponsorship is valid for 3 months from the date it is assigned to you.

Supporting documents

When you apply you'll need to provide:

  • your certificate of sponsorship reference number
  • a valid passport or other documents that shows your identity and nationality
  • evidence that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK, for example, bank statements (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your employer can support you)
  • proof of your relationship with your partner or children if they're applying with you
  • your tuberculosis (TB) test results if you're from a country where you have to take the test

This is a general list of documents. You must provide all other supporting documents depending on your circumstances.

Your partner and children

Your partner and children can apply to join you or to stay in the UK as your 'dependants' if they're eligible. If their application is successful, their visa will end on the same date as yours.

Why choose Western Solicitors

  • Expertise: Our solicitors are legal experts in the field of immigration law and have years of experience in handling immigration cases.
  • In-depth knowledge: Our immigration solicitors keep up to date with the latest changes and developments in immigration law. This means they can provide you with the most up-to-date and accurate advice on your specific immigration issue.
  • Support: We will provide you with the necessary support and guidance throughout the immigration process. We will advise you on any legal requirements or potential obstacles that may arise.
  • One-stop service: We will advise you about eligibility criteria, requirements, and required supporting documents. We will prepare your whole application and submit it to the Home Office.
  • Time-saving: Applying for any type of visa or citizenship can be a complex and time-consuming process. By using our service, you can rest assured that your application will be prepared and submitted correctly, saving you time and stress.
  • Better chance of success: We can help you to present your case effectively which can maximize your chances of success.