A Scale-up Worker visa allows you to come to the UK to do an eligible job for a fast-growing UK business (sometimes called a 'scale-up business'). Your UK employer must meet specific eligibility criteria to sponsor scale-up workers.

If you need legal advice or help with a UK visa application or any other immigration matter, get in touch with our highly experienced immigration solicitors in London on  0203 432 6006 or fill in our online enquiry form.

Requirements for Scale-up Worker visa

You must meet all of the following requirements to be eligible for a Scale-up Worker visa:

  • your job is eligible for this visa
  • you'll be working for a UK scale-up business that's been approved by the Home Office
  • you'll meet the salary requirements
  • you'll be working in your sponsored job for at least 6 months

You must meet all other requirements depending on your circumstances.

Supporting documents

When you apply you'll need to provide:

  • your certificate of sponsorship reference number - your employer will give you this
  • proof of your knowledge of English
  • a valid passport or other documents that shows your identity and nationality
  • your job title and annual salary
  • your job's occupation code
  • the name of your employer and their sponsor licence number - this will be on your certificate of sponsorship

This is a general list of documents. You must provide all other supporting documents depending on your circumstances.

Approved UK employers

You must have a job offer from an approved UK employer before you can apply for this visa. They must be an eligible scale-up business to get approved. Approved employers are also known as sponsors because they are sponsoring you to come to or stay in the UK.

Knowledge of English

You must prove you can read, write, speak and understand English to at least level B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale.

Your partner and children

Your partner and children can apply to join you or to stay in the UK as your 'dependants' if they're eligible. If their application is successful, their visa will end on the same date as yours.

Extend your visa

You can usually apply to extend your Scale-up Worker visa if both of the following are true:

  • you worked in the job on your certificate of sponsorship for at least 6 months
  • you met the earnings requirements during at least half of your stay with your most recent visa

You do not need to get a new certificate of sponsorship from your employer.

Why choose Western Solicitors

  • Expertise: Our solicitors are legal experts in the field of immigration law and have years of experience in handling immigration cases.
  • In-depth knowledge: Our immigration solicitors keep up to date with the latest changes and developments in immigration law. This means they can provide you with the most up-to-date and accurate advice on your specific immigration issue.
  • Support: We will provide you with the necessary support and guidance throughout the immigration process. We will advise you on any legal requirements or potential obstacles that may arise.
  • One-stop service: We will advise you about eligibility criteria, requirements, and required supporting documents. We will prepare your whole application and submit it to the Home Office.
  • Time-saving: Applying for any type of visa or citizenship can be a complex and time-consuming process. By using our service, you can rest assured that your application will be prepared and submitted correctly, saving you time and stress.
  • Better chance of success: We can help you to present your case effectively which can maximize your chances of success.