The Seasonal Worker visa (Temporary Worker) is a type of visa introduced by the UK government to allow non-UK resident workers to come to the UK for a limited time period to work in the horticulture sector. This visa is designed to address labour shortages at times when there is a significant demand for seasonal workers, such as during harvest season.

This visa has replaced the Temporary Worker - Seasonal Worker visa (T5).

Individuals who are granted this form of visa may stay in the UK for up to six months per year and may work for multiple employers while they are in the UK. Applicants for the Seasonal Worker visa must provide evidence of their arrival and departure dates, as well as proof of their employment and accommodation arrangements while in the UK.

While the Seasonal Worker visa could be an ideal option for certain workers, it is important to note that it is a temporary visa and does not provide a route to permanent settlement in the UK.

If you need legal advice or help with a UK visa application or any other immigration matter, get in touch with our highly experienced immigration solicitors in London on  0203 432 6006 or fill in our online enquiry form.

Requirements for Seasonal Worker visa

You must be 18 or over when you apply and have both of the following:

  • a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor
  • enough money to support yourself in the UK - you'll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you're exempt)

You must meet all other requirements depending on your circumstances.

Certificate of sponsorship

A certificate of sponsorship is a reference number which holds information about the job and your personal details. It's not an actual certificate or paper document.

Your sponsor will give you your certificate of sponsorship reference number. You'll need to add your certificate of sponsorship reference number to your visa application form - you can only use it once. Your certificate of sponsorship is valid for 3 months from the date it's assigned to you.

Supporting documents

When you apply you'll need to provide:

  • your certificate of sponsorship reference number - your sponsor will give you this
  • a valid passport or other documents that shows your identity and nationality
  • evidence that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK, for example, bank statements (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your sponsor can support you)

This is a general list of documents. You must provide all other supporting documents depending on your circumstances.

Why choose Western Solicitors

  • Expertise: Our solicitors are legal experts in the field of immigration law and have years of experience in handling immigration cases.
  • In-depth knowledge: Our immigration solicitors keep up to date with the latest changes and developments in immigration law. This means they can provide you with the most up-to-date and accurate advice on your specific immigration issue.
  • Support: We will provide you with the necessary support and guidance throughout the immigration process. We will advise you on any legal requirements or potential obstacles that may arise.
  • One-stop service: We will advise you about eligibility criteria, requirements, and required supporting documents. We will prepare your whole application and submit it to the Home Office.
  • Time-saving: Applying for any type of visa or citizenship can be a complex and time-consuming process. By using our service, you can rest assured that your application will be prepared and submitted correctly, saving you time and stress.
  • Better chance of success: We can help you to present your case effectively which can maximize your chances of success.